Roto Mortar was written for the 2010 LISP Game Design Challenge. The challenge was to design and implement a game in seven days using some LISP dialect.
Billy Bob, the ACME Repair Guy, has just gotten one of your mortar cannons back online. Unfortunately, he had to wire things a little wonky. Your cannon is spinning all on its own. You’ve only got one button to control both the elevation of the cannon and when to fire it. And, you better fire it, because the KPs are still coming at you.
It’s a very incomplete game. It’s a decent start for 7 days. Unfortunately, they were a very busy and tiring 7 days, so my coding was not at peak performance. Feh.
Things that I’d like to have gotten to before the week ran out:
- Sound effects (cl-openal)
- Moving mortar cannons on those cannon mounts
- Better “Billy-Bob” graphic
- Better 3D models (especially the missiles and the KPs)
- Stages and levels rather than just an all-out blitz
Instead, I spent lots of time debugging things like: didn’t manage to gl:push-attrib enough stuff here and it’s causing problems way over there. *shrug*
Here is a Mac OS X executable (that may work… I haven’t tested it on a cleanly installed system.) Roto-Mortar.zip.
Here is a tarball of the source code: roto-mortar.tar.gz.
Here is the Github repository.
It depends on: cl-opengl, cl-png, cl-xml, zpb-ttf, and asdf directly. It depends on alexandria, babel, cffi, closure-common, puri, trivial-features, and trivial-gray-streams indirectly. I also use the okolaks font by gluk (firstname.lastname@example.org) under the Open Font License. I used Blender, GIMP, and Art Rage to create the art assets.