I have switched Web Hosts for my site. It went fairly smoothly (about three hours of moving things around, swapping in new nameservers for my domain, and huzzah). It would have gone even more smoothly if I had noticed the
Archive Tool that the new host provides to unzip a whole hierarchy… or if the new host allowed ssh-access so that I could unzip it myself. *shrug* The ssh access would have also been nice for doing the database transfer because phpMyAdmin is subject to timeouts and file-size limits for imports so I had to split –l my way there.
In other news, in a few weeks, I won’t be a stay-at-home dad any longer…. I’ll be out in the workforce. This will probably seriously cramp my productivity here. *shrug*